Small changes can make a big difference. Here’s a list of ways to cut 100 calories from your diet every day:
- Lighten up your coffee with fat-free milk and sugar-free syrup.
- Trim fat from beef, pork, and chicken. Remove the skin from poultry.
- Try slow-churned, reduced-calorie ice cream in place of regular.
- Replace chips with raw vegetables with your salsa or fat-free dips.
Here are some more helpful tips to help you eat fewer calories:
- Use a smaller plate, and you tend to eat less.
- Eat slower. You get too full if you eat your meal in 30 minutes or less.
- Leave something on your plate. If you feel this is a waste, save it for tomorrow.
- Don’t eat out of a bag or you’ll eat until it’s empty.
- Use a tall, slender glass — unless you’re drinking water. You’ll put less in it.
- Replace colas and energy drinks with plenty of water.
Click here for more from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.