Your diet impacts more than your heart health. It impacts your whole body. Take your bones, for instance. As you age, they can grow weaker.
Brittle and Weakened Bones
Age 50 and older: 1 in 3 experience fractures.
Age 50 and older: 1 in 5 experience fractures.
What can you do?
- Include calcium and vitamin D in your diet.
- Eat bone-healthy foods like fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid smoking and limit alcohol to 2-3 drinks per day.
- Try weight-bearing exercises like hiking, walking, dancing or climbing stairs.
- Try muscle-strengthening exercises like using weight machines.
To learn more, visit the National Osteoporosis Foundation.