Vegetable oils are widely used not only in cooking, but also in cosmetology, folk medicine. They are used to prepare homemade beauty recipes, prevent certain diseases. Not everyone understands that in addition to the benefits, with improper or excessive use, the harm of vegetable oil is high enough, not everyone can use it.
What is vegetable oil and how is it useful
The most popular include sunflower and olive oil, which can be found in every home, but there are other types that are extracted from seeds, fruits of plants. A variety of technologies are used in the production of any product, but unrefined varieties that are produced by cold pressing are considered the most useful. The composition of such a product contains all the components that are valuable for health, but it is not recommended to use them for frying, only salad dressing or internal intake on an empty stomach. Refined varieties are used for frying, but it is less useful for the body, since most of the nutrients are neutralized during the production process. In addition to sunflower oil, there are a dozen others that are good for health.
- normalizes metabolism;
- improves the functioning of the digestive system;
- reduces the risk of thrombosis;
- protects blood vessels from “bad” cholesterol.
- normalizes the work of the gastrointestinal tract;
- eliminates stagnation of bile;
- improves metabolic processes;
- reduces the level of cholesterol in the blood;
- it is used in cosmetology.
- breaks down fats, promotes weight loss;
- improves the condition of hair, nails;
- it has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- removes toxins and slags from the body;
- reduces the risk of anemia;
- improves blood composition;
- eliminates the appearance of blood clots.
Grape Seed Oil
- relieves inflammation;
- improves bowel function;
- cleanses the body of toxins and toxins;
- reduces the level of “bad” cholesterol in the blood.
- relieves fatigue;
- normalizes sleep;
- eliminates wrinkles;
- relieves eczema, treats psoriasis.
- it has a powerful antioxidant effect;
- improves and enhances visual acuity;
- regulates cholesterol;
- normalizes blood pressure;
- eliminates stagnant processes in the vessels;
- helps eliminate chronic inflammatory processes.
This is only a small part of vegetable oils that are used as a preventive agent for the treatment of a number of diseases, but before using any product, you should study the composition, as well as possible harm to health.
The benefits of vegetable oil for the human body are due to the components included in the composition:
- Saturated fatty acids.
- Monounsaturated fatty acids (MNFA) are oleic, palmitoleic (omega 7).
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) are linoleic, alpha–linoleic (omega 3) and gamma–linoleic (omega 6).
- Vitamins A, D, E, K, B1, B2 and nicotinic acid (PP).
- Unrefined oils.
- Trace elements.
Most of the useful substances are contained in unrefined varieties that undergo only the mechanical stage of cleaning or settling after pressing. They are considered more valuable. The benefits and harms of unrefined vegetable oil depend not on the variety, but on the quantity and method of use. Such a product is not suitable for frying, because it releases substances that are dangerous to health.
Refined varieties undergo several stages of purification, which changes their chemical composition. The benefits of this are minimal, suitable for frying dishes.
Is it possible to give to a child?
Vegetable oils are permissible to give to children. They contain substances that are involved in growth and development. Soy, corn, pumpkin, linseed oil provides great value. They are added to porridges, vegetable soups, mashed potatoes. It is often used externally to prepare compresses during colds, bronchitis, or used for instillation in the nose with a runny nose.
Harm to health
The use of any vegetable oil in large quantities is harmful to the liver, disrupts the digestive system. Studies of scientists conducted in 1989 showed that the risk of getting cardiovascular pathologies is much higher in those who abuse vegetable oils.
The harm of vegetable oil for the figure is that such a product is high in calories, which increases the risk of obesity. The danger also lies in the fact that their excessive use increases the risk of the following diseases:
- stomach disorders;
- atherosclerosis of blood vessels;
- exacerbation of gastritis, stomach ulcers;
- diabetes mellitus;
The harm of vegetable oil during frying is quite large, because under the influence of high temperatures, it releases carcinogenic substances that are toxic to the body. It is forbidden to use unrefined varieties for frying, it is also impossible to use re-refined oil for cooking, this can cause poisoning, stool disorders and other unpleasant symptoms.
Many people are interested in what are the benefits and harms of vegetable-fat spread? This product does more harm than good, negatively affects blood vessels, increases the amount of “bad” cholesterol, promotes the development of hypertension and atherosclerosis of blood vessels. It is difficult to imagine the kitchen of any housewife without vegetable oil, but its use should be moderate, otherwise health problems cannot be avoided!